Resolution of the General Meeting of Participants of the Platform
on the Platform
‘The Implementation of the
Ukraine–European Union Association Agreement Standards
on the Effective and Balanced Use of Natural Resources’
SECTION 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1. The Platform ‘The Implementation of the Ukraine–European Union Association Agreement Standards on the Effective and Balanced Use of Natural Resources’ (hereinafter – the Platform) is formed by the Resolution of the Constituent Meeting of the Platform dated 07.12.2017.
1.2. Initiator of creation of the Platform: Public Organization Ukrainian Association of Geologists, 28 Dubrovytska Str., Kyiv, 04114, Ukraine.
1.3. The Platform is developed in TUTKOVSKY International Hub of Natural Resources and is implemented under the management of the Supervisory Board of the Platform.
1.4. Operating Company is the coordinator of activity of the Platform.
1.5. The Platform is an association of participants of any organizational-and-legal form and form of ownership, including central and local executive authorities, local self-government authorities; scientific and educational institutions, scientific and research, development and design organizations, engineering and service companies, industrial enterprises, associations and organizations, professional associations sharing the purpose and tasks of the Platform and taking part in achieving them.
SECTION 2. PURPOSE, MAIN OBJECTIVES AND TASKS OF THE PLATFORM
2.1. The purpose of the Platform is to promote improvement of the competitiveness of the economy of Ukraine by implementing the leading mechanisms and practices in the area of the use of natural resources, in particular, of the European Union, high technologies and innovations to achieve efficient, balanced and sustainable use of natural resources, recycling of production-and-consumption waste.
2.2. Main objectives determining the activity of the Platform:
- Analysis of the current condition and development of measures for reforming and modernizing enterprises and organizations of the industries related to the use of natural resources, in the process of changes and improvement of the state policy on the use and restoration of natural resources and environmental protection, which is stipulated by the Association Agreement between the European Union and its Member States, of the one part, and Ukraine, on the other part.
- Taking into account in business entities’ production activities of changes to be made in the legislation of Ukraine in compliance with the EU legislation and standards.
- Implementation of environmentally friendly technologies ensuring compliance with requirements of the European standards.
- Achievement by Ukraine of leading positions in the world on efficient, balanced and sustainable use of natural resources, ensuring of sustainable development of the society in compliance with the EU criteria.
2.3. Tasks of the Platform:
- Implementation of modern environmentally friendly technologies aimed at improving the efficiency of production and services sector, the level of energy and resource saving, reducing the negative impact of economic and other activities in certain sectors of the economy on environment and human health.
- Development and implementation of the latest competitive technologies, tools, devices and equipment.
- Conduct of obligatory reclamation and ecological rehabilitation of the territories disturbed as a result of production activity of business entities, first of all chemical, oil refining industry, power, mining and agro-industrial complexes.
- Maximum full use of extracted minerals and minimizing waste generation during their extraction and processing.
- Solving of pressing environmental problems of the transport infrastructure, in particular, for ensuring the reliability of the technical condition of the pipeline transport and compliance with environmental safety requirements during its operation.
- Application of mechanisms of direct interaction of production companies with scientific and educational organizations, possibility of building new sustainable scientific and industrial partnerships.
- Development of the modern geoinformational and analytical system for environmental monitoring, integrated into the international observation network.
- Coordination of innovation activities of business entities in the area of applied research, joint use of high-tech scientific and laboratory equipment, establishing effective partnership with leading research and educational organizations and institutions.
- Formation of data banks for innovative solutions and latest environmentally friendly, energy and resource-saving technologies to be implemented in specific sectors of the economy.
- Concentration and further targeted use of financial resources for research and development, implementation of joint innovation projects, taking into account their urgency for the needs of society and business.
- Promotion of cross-border and regional links and business partnership, in particular, within existing European regions, on the use of natural resources and environmental protection.
- Attraction of financial, technological, expert and other resources of international organizations and institutions in order to increase the efficiency of fulfillment by Ukraine of international obligations, in particular, in the area of use of natural resources and environmental protection.
- Promotion of innovative technologies, in particular, by determining demand and quality evaluation indicators for relevant types of products and services.
- Promotion of raising the level of public environmental awareness, qualification of experts and specialists for various sectors of the economy, development of educational programs and environmental awareness of the population.
- Analysis of demand and study of markets for relevant types of products and services to enhance innovation activities of enterprises, expand advanced technologies, attract investment.
- Consolidation of efforts of competent specialists engaged in development and implementation of advanced technologies.
To accomplish these tasks, there are developed special Programs under Platform umbrella. Platform participants initiate and implement specific projects within the aforementioned Programs.
SECTION 3. FUNDAMENTALS AND MAIN PRINCIPLES OF ACTIVITY OF THE PLATFORM
3.1. The Platform is based on the principles of voluntariness, free cooperation, uniting efforts of interested participants and concentrating their capabilities on resolution of specific tasks in the course of implementation of programs and projects of the Platform. Projects being implemented under the Platform umbrella get the expert support.
3.2. Cooperation models shall be determined taking into account the objectives and tasks of the Platform through formation of teams of experts, researchers and developers, and in some cases, new research, technological, industrial or other consortiums.
3.3. The platform provides for the preparation of scientific and technological initiatives on the basis of proposals of the scientific and technical community, proposals of governmental structures, needs of business circles in the high-tech products. To determine the appropriate cooperation model, all initiatives will be subject to the comprehensive analysis within the Platform. Thereafter there will be developed the list of measures for prompt expert and organizational support of those initiatives.
3.4. Participants of the Platform may accumulate funds for initial study of problems and implementation of priority measures for solving them, in particular, at the expense of contributions of participants of the Platform.
One of the important functions of the Platform is preparation of recommendations to government structures, scientific and technical community or business for solving urgent problems, starting from recommendations for inclusion of specific projects in existing investment programs of scientific research and technological developments nationally or internationally.
SECTION 4. AREAS OF ACTIVITY OF THE PLATFORM
The existing production infrastructure, technological base and their information support in Ukraine mostly do not meet the current requirements of economic development and disable competitiveness of domestic products and services in the world market. The activity of the Platform is aimed at:
- implementation of structural reforms to enhance the effectiveness of managerial decisions;
- improvement of methods and technical facilities for prospecting, exploration and development of mineral deposits;
- introduction of environmentally friendly methods of improving the efficiency of production and services, energy and resource saving, reducing the negative impact of economic and other activities in certain sectors of the economy on environment and human health;
- implementation of recycling of production-and-consumption waste;
- development and implementation of the latest competitive technologies, equipment, devices and equipment;
- development of a modern geoinformational and analytical system for environmental monitoring, integrated into the international observation network.
SECTION 5. MAIN STAGES OF FORMATION AND FUNCTIONING OF THE PLATFORM
5.1. Stage of Platform creation
- Development of the Platform Concept. Creation of the system of communication and information support of the Platform and its management and coordination bodies.
- Elaboration of technologies development strategy in the area of efficient and balanced use of natural resources, as well as roadmaps for the priority areas of the Platform activities.
- Consolidation of efforts of scientific and educational organizations, business entities, interested governmental structures and businesses for ensuring efficient and balanced use of natural resources.
- Analysis and evaluation of the current regulatory and available technological framework, with further determination of the most acceptable technological solutions, for ensuring the rational use of natural resources and environmental protection. Establishing effective cooperation with national and international financial institutions and potential investors.
5.2. Stage of implementation of the tasks of the Platform, determination of new strategic objectives and tasks
- Implementation of the most appropriate technological solutions in the relevant sectors of the economy in order to achieve compliance of domestic products and services with the European standards. Promotion of development and further introduction of domestic competitive technologies, as well as integration of the best existing world technologies. Preparation of proposals for improvement of the public-private partnership regarding implementation of technologies of efficient and balanced use of natural resources.
- Creation of an effective system of training, retraining and advanced training of specialists in the area of use of natural resources, energy efficiency and environmental conservation.
- Determination of scientific and technological priorities for efficient and balanced use of natural resources.
- Formation of the Institute of Experts for efficient and balanced use of natural resources with the participation of representatives of science, technology developers, government bodies, business representatives, scientists and the public, with the involvement of foreign experts.
- Creation of innovative mechanisms aimed at modernizing the economy based on the efficient and balanced use of natural resources for achieving sustainable development of Ukraine.
SECTION 6. MAIN RESULTS OF ACTIVITIES OF THE P0LATFORM
Implementation of the tasks of the Platform will allow to establish effective innovative cooperation between science and business, in particular, at the international level. The result of implementation of innovative projects within the Platform will be modernization and innovative development of the relevant sectors of the economy, their proper technological support, increasing the level of energy, resource saving and environmental safety.
6.1. Short-term results
- Creation of favorable preconditions for effective cooperation of science, business, education and government bodies for ensuring efficient and balanced use of natural resources.
- Consolidation of efforts of competent specialists in development and implementation of advanced technologies in the priority areas of Platform activity.
- Creation of data banks of innovative solutions and latest environmentally friendly, energy and resource-saving technologies for implementation in specific sectors of the economy.
- Preparation of proposals regarding implementation of mechanisms to stimulate business entities towards active implementation of the latest technologies aimed at increase of energy and resource saving, compliance with environmental safety requirements.
- Determination of strategic priorities, in particular, within the scope of further development of cross-border cooperation and development of European regional policy, regarding creation and implementation of the latest technologies aimed at efficient and balanced use of natural resources.
- Generalization of needs, demands and proposals of local communities and business entities acting within the European regions, determination and development of priority latest technologies to speed up solving of issues locally.
- Determination of the list of products and services being competitive in the European market, which will allow for significant increase of the innovation activity of Ukrainian enterprises, promote expansion of the latest technologies and attraction of investments.
- Determination of sources to finance activities of the Platform, including international financial investments.
- Re-equipment and modernization of domestic enterprises in accordance with the European standards, which will allow for increasing the competitiveness of products, expanding the range of goods and services in the domestic market, stimulating development of competition and limiting monopoly, increasing the volume of foreign investment.
- Introduction of progressive technological solutions in the relevant sectors of the economy, activation of investment in development of new technologies for efficient and balanced use of natural resources.
- Ensuring effective information and communication support for functioning of the Platform and effective interaction of science, business, education, civil society and government bodies.
- Creation of the infrastructure for providing advisory services to state and local governments for bringing the legislation of Ukraine and local governmental resolutions on the use of natural resources and environmental protection in line with the EU directives, as well as advisory services for all interested business entities and population regarding the use of natural resources.
- Introduction of modern technological cycles at the enterprises of the mining complex, that will allow to ensure the maximum use of extracted minerals and minimization of waste during their extraction and processing.
- Creation of preconditions for large-scale greening of the transport infrastructure, in particular, on compliance with environmental safety requirements, reliability of the technical condition of the pipeline transport.
- Implementation of modern European practice on the reclamation and ecological rehabilitation of territories disturbed by production activities of business entities, first of all chemical, oil refining industry, energy, mining and agro-industrial complexes.
- Creation of the effective tool for making effective management decisions on the basis of the modern geoinformational and analytical system for environmental monitoring, integrated into the international observation network.
- Creation of the innovation coordination Center for implementation of projects initiated within the Platform.
- Implementation of training and educational programs, publication of manuals, organization of seminars and trainings on raising the level of public environmental consciousness for experts and specialists of different economic sectors, as well as environmental awareness of the population.
- Formation of open expert community with transparent mechanisms of activity, which will promote implementation of innovations in ensuring efficient and balanced use of natural resources.
SECTION 7. MANAGEMENT OF THE PLATFORM
7.1. The Platform is implemented under the management of the Supervisory Board of the Platform the activity of which is governed by the separate Regulation. The Supervisory Board manages and coordinates activities of the Platform's participants, arranges conduct of expert examination, review and preparation of expert opinions on projects, programs, business plans submitted by the participants of the Platform or third parties.
7.2. Separate self-operating centers may be established within the structure of the Platform (for executing separate programs on investment, regional/international interaction, foreign economic cooperation etc.)
SECTION 8. REORGANIZATION AND LIQUIDATION OF THE PLATFORM
The decision on reorganization or liquidation of the Platform shall be taken by the Supervisory Board of the Platform upon recommendation of the Chairman of the Supervisory Board or at least 50 (fifty) per cent of the total number of Members of the Supervisory Board or the Operating Company of the Platform by voting. The decision shall be taken by a majority of not less than 75 (seventy five) per cent of the total number of Members of the Supervisory Board of the Platform.